Monday, March 1, 2010

Blue & Gold Banquet Fiesta Style

We celebrated our Blue & Gold Banquet on Saturday. We did a Fiesta theme and each den made decor for the dinner. My bear den was over the table decorations. Conner was really proud of what we made.

The boys each made and decorated a cake. We copied our friends idea from another city and our theme went along with the 100 years of scouting celebration for the night. We put 100 gumballs on our cake to represent the 100 years of scouting. Conner won the most boy spirited award for his cake and his cake was the first to be eaten up.

Conner and his buddies waiting to take a wack at the pinata.
Conner was awarded his Bear badge and 3 Arrow points. It was very neat to be the one to be able to present his award to him.
Conner turns 10 at the end of this month and he will no longer be in my troop. It has been so fun to spend time with him at each of our activities. I have tried my best to really impress him with fun things to do. I sure love this big guy and I will miss having him in my troop.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Ummm, mind if I "borrow" a few ideas from you for our Blue & Gold Banquet here? Our Troop is in need of a little inspiration. I think your Den is the size of our Cub Scouts & Boy Scouts combined.

angela said...

the cake was a HIT!!! it is so cute and easy i am sure hoping to have another excuse to make one!!!

love you in your yellow scout shirt!!!