Friday, December 4, 2009

Construction

One of the things I love about having a new house is that I get to design another yard & I also hate it to because I have to pay for it. We had this hill in our yard and we realized that there was a lot of property up there and wouldn't it be fun to put in a fire pit and some grass and things up there. So we decided to destroy the hill and add another rock wall. My cousin owns Rocks & Stuff in Salem and he did one awesome job! So the above picture is the before in the summer.

Tearing the hill out

This is where my daughter spent pretty much every day that they were working.
Woohooo!!! This is after. I absolutely love the dimensions it added and I think it will be so beautiful some day once we have the fire pit, grass, and flowers. Now I just have to keep being thrifty and saving.


This is my kids new sandbox that will have the trampoline put up in it come spring! They are so excited to have a sandbox again to do all of their creative play and honestly I enjoy watching them imagine and make muddy messes of themselves in the summer (well most days)

4 comments:

Jamie said...

The yard looks great! Love the multi-layered rock walls. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Jen B. said...

WOW!!! Tandy, that looks AMAZING!! I can't wait to see it with all the grass and stuff, way to go, I wish I had that kind of creativity!

corrychronicles said...

What a great yard, you are going to have so much fun with that this summer.

Heidi said...

wow!! I really love your new yard it looks great!